In times of war, conflict and injustice the human rights are most neglected. Hacking war related fashion to promote human rights is an act of opposing both direct and structural violence. In the Killer Fashion Revolution -project war related clothes are hacked: the symbolic meaning of garments are redirected and fashion code like materials, seams, drapes and details are altered.
Follow these 6 steps to create your Killer Fashion Revolution design: (It is even more fun if you do it together with your friend)
1. Take a look in your WARdrobe and look for war related clothes you could recycle. (Take a look at Understand to know more about war related clothes)
2. Look trough The Human Right Declaration and choose the article that you are most affected by.
3. Brainstorm: look for ideas on this wiki and online how the human rights article you chosen can be promoted. What does this article mean to you? How can you translate it to fashion or a usable artifact? Look for inspiration by exploring designs made by others: Mosaic KFR workshop.
4. Prepare your sewing kit/machine and start transforming your war related clothes to something else. You can also use other recyclable stuff for your creation.
5. Remember to document(take photos/make video)of the different stages in your production. Later you can make Do-it-yourself documentation to share with others.
6. Publish here on Killer Fashion Revolution -wiki photos/video and do-it-your self instructions of your creation.